It began with a text. It morphed into a conversation. It resulted in two, $2,000 gift cards from Home Depot. Thank you Jesus! #thankyouhomedepot #thankyoukenzell
Reading chapter 19 & 20 of John’s Gospel and am stuck thinking about the follow words spoken by Jesus, “As the Father has sent Me, even so I am sending you…”
So how exactly DID the Father send Jesus? Without a whole lot of thought I came up with the following:
- To the least powerful
- As a human being
- As a servant
- As a student… a learner
- Restrained / constrained
- Free / generous
- On a mission
- With an open line of communication
- With the Holy Spirit
- As a team builder
- As a declarer of truth / a preacher
- As a miracle worker
- At ease and at peace
- As one who knew where he came from, where he was going, and to whom he belonged
- With more authority than he would need
And We are sent by Jesus in the same way.
Reminded powerfully that when We are sent by Jesus, we can go in confidence, knowing that he who sends will provide everything we need to get the mission accomplished. So far we’ve seen God provide us with:
- An unexpected income stream from renting out our house.
- An unexpected and significant bonus (who knew??)
- The for-mentioned gift cards from Home Depot (out of the blue)
- The addition of three men to our Ranch family of men. (So far!!)
Jesus, give me eyes to see where you are leading, ears to hear your voice, and a courageous heart to follow you wherever you are leading.
I heard a call. Come follow, that was all. The things of earth grew dim. I rose and followed Him. I heard a call. Come follow, that was all.
Over and out.
“Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD” – PS4003